Wednesday, August 21, 2013

trains

The only thing more expedient than a bus would be a train. Trains run past my apartment all day and night. I hear one right now, chugging along. The section behind our apartment has trees that must make it hard for them to see at night because at 2.30 each morning they go blaring by at full horn volume.

The chugging used to soothe me. It reminded me of living in Spring Branch were the I 10 tracks were close enough to hear but far enough away that I would dream of them being closer. The chugging has turned into a mental churning now that they are.

I wish they were making me dream of adventuring to far away lands....and today in a strange way that is sort of the case...but just not the far away lands one would expect...

trains don't go in space....trains can't pass through time or exist in a place where neither does time...they don't move as fast a soul...

I no longer long for the bus. I still do want a long nap. in space. right now. enough is enough. I will not lay down just yet...maybe soon but not yet.

No comments: