Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Surprise! Things are GOOD!!!

So much catching up to do for everyone and everything. Let's see where we were the last time we chatted....hmmmmmm, I had a memory night to speak at for a dear friend. While I felt the audience was built of about half people I've had past issues with and half folks whom I just adore, I feel I managed to speak from the heart -- which is all that matters to me! I managed to avoid all confrontations, spoke to folks whom I needed/wanted to and say my peace. Kudos to the Community for hosting a very healing and comforting night.

So on the daughter front. She moved out last week. It actually went very smoothly. The two days she worked on getting out, Will and I went looking for houses in the areas we desired relocating to...ugh. This has turned into a major project. See, we REALLY weren't ever committed to moving to Baytown -- just living in an area closer to work. We truly wanted something near downtown, but have yet to find something decent in our price range. The good places are twice what we pay now [about eight hundred and fifty for rent plus another two hundred in bills, aside from cable]. After repeating the process in Baytown we have made it the plan for now.

We have found great Heights style houses alllllll over Baytown. Some of the rentals are HALF what we are used to paying for apartments! With the real estate market in the crapper, we've also been able to consider purchasing a fixer upper, as several of them are less than twenty thousand dollars. Will has been wanting a house and yard for a while to work on. While he's not totally jazzed about the town for ownership, the prices are too good not to take the chance.

It's my goal that he doesn't end up like I did after whatever wonderfulness we have now ends -- without anything but bills to show for it. I want him to have something he could resell or rent. My grandma was totally right about how truly valuable a rental can be. Lessons learned inspire me to do better by him then those men did me!

Things with us and the outtatown kitty are jammin! I love that girl. She is a joy and delight to have around. Such a ball of energy. She was also a wonderful companion for the recent trip to Austin for my dad's thing at the poster art museum.

What a night that was!! So PERFECT. I know you wouldn't expect it, but truthfully it was WONDERFUL. I got to introduce my kids and my loves to so many people from my past. Many of my stepmothers finally got to meet their grandchildren in a good place for all of us. My dear friend from high school, Amy Dennison showed up! What a treat. Plus I ran into some of the tarts who used to groupy around the Austin musicians when I was doing the same -- and remind them that they not only 'modeled for'/'dated' my dad, but that we used to run together when I was underage. That was a highlight!! My sister and I got a little time to be us and it's so pleasing how amazing she is. The evil people were kept at bay by the fates. My SON got to play on Sumner Erickson's guitar between Van Wilks' set and the end of Sumner's. [which really caused his big sister to face some issues about herself during the two hours in the car on the way home] HE ROCKED THE FUCKING HOUSE!!

Yes, in case you noticed -- we came home. We didn't stay to see folks longer. I just didn't have the energy or desire. I didn't want to ruin a perfect moment.

Life's on track. It feels fucking GOOD. I am looking forward to putting the remaining projects together for Tiffany this weekend. I am working with the lovely Ellen to find the right property to consider and have a list of rentals if that's the route we need to go down instead. I am planning lots of fun adventures with less parenting [and parental] influences. Will and Suzi are going to be SPOILED rotten once we are alone.

Right now I am going to go convert Al's room into the new dungeon. Shouldn't take much and will be priceless between now and the move!! Who knows? Maybe soon I may even emerge from my cave...

Oh I did get out for fun recently too. THE DOLLYROCKERS WERE AMAZING. That show with Lexi and Sarah as our companions was another great night. I don't want to catch you up and leave that out. It was toooooooo much fun!!

Maybe that should be my resolution for this year and FOREVER - more fucking fun...I like it.

Lv M

No comments: