Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Questions for the readers

I am going to learn how to make anything that can be pickled, jarred, jammed or whatever possible from the crops of the farms. What I am looking to learn from y'all would be what of these things sound appealing? Also if you could have farm fresh foods for your family at a fair price, would you be interested in buying direct from us when we begin full operations? We already plan to sell at farmer's markets etc., but if I could vend directly to my friends, I would be happier.

Pear Sauce [like applesauce but made from pears]
Honey with Pecans
Pickled peppers
Pickled cucumbers -- dill, sour, sweet and bread/butter [unless everyone hates B/B]
RedPepper Relish
Pear Relish
Spiced pears
GreenBeans, pickled
Eggplant - italian style
Squash in general
"Soup wreaths" - wreaths made of herbs to put into pot with meat for soups
Jalepenoes pickled
Homemade spaghetti sauce
Homemade baby foods/vegan friendly
Okra
Asparagus
Plumb butter
PearHoney Marmalades
Muscadine Marmalade [wild grape]
Strawberry Preserves
Pickled garlic

I look at those jars of sauces that go on breads with eggplants and such [maybe the word is topas]. They are slightly grilled and then pickled. Do y'all like those?

Finally, do you have an recipes you would like to share with me for items or any other suggestions? IF we are going to make this project become our 'after the nest" support system, then I need to do a little more Research and Development on our vending and product line.

RESPOND HERE. I am already backed up on my emails. Sorry about that. Promise to get caught up soon. Right now have my outtatown kitty on an extended visit. Not much time for anything but work and spreading some love,

No comments: