Monday, November 23, 2009

The Suck of Death - RIP Bill Narum Father/Artist/Rockstar

My son was to go live with my dad to start ACC next year. This would have been the first time my dad really had a chance to know my son. They are very much alike and he would have blossomed under my dad's thumb.

My son is a musician and artist. My dad had worked within the music industry as a grammy and gold record holding artist for his talents. He would have been able to get my son hooked up with all the right folks.

And we didn't have a plan B.

My dad has property that I had plans to move to with him within the next two years. I have been working on learning everything needed for farm living for the past two years in prep for this time in life. He was only 61, so I planned on us finally having our time together after a lifetime of living apart.
We have never lived together. Our relationship was never everyday. We had very little time together since I had kids 19 years ago and this was our only chance. Now it's gone.

And I have to rewrite my plans. Again, no real plan B. A few possiblities, but no real plan.

I have a half-sister who is 15 years younger then myself to help deal with this. She had to fly in from NYC and only bought a one way ticket. Together we have to figure out the legal shit. Luckily, we are determined to make this work. This will be our chance to truly bond. Again, we have never really known each other. It's pretty sad in its own right.

My dad had a lifepartner for the past five years whom while not even commonlaw for SS purposes, we feel was his true love. We have to figure out how to take care of her needs, as she is living in the place we will probably have to sell. This is going to suck the most. She's been a favorite of both my sister and myself. She helped our dad develop relationships with us that made us both want to make more plans with him.

And finally - I have to deal with my aunt and uncle whom I haven't spoken to since the death of my grandparents over 20 years ago. Only recently I have begun exchanging the occassional notes on FaceBook. I am unsure what this will be like. Hopefully nothing like my grandparents deaths, as those behaviors are what drove me from them to begin with. So I am heading to Austin with this big plate of suck to deal with. Pray for me. Pray for Will -- afterall, he's the one who gets to see the real mess while I present a false put together front up to deal with the other bullshit.

M

No comments: